Friday, December 6, 2013

Random Stuff 12/6

Random stuff not sufficient to justify its own post . . .

- Dyvers Campaign has a really impressive blog listing. If you ever wonder what you are missing, odds are it is here. I am included, although, heh, I do seem to post a lot of GURPS. Go figure. ;)

- I am almost finishing assembling OGRE's 3-d counters. I am giving it the Sharpie treatment, which explains the time taken. I have about 3/4 of a grey sheet to go. Also the Vulcans, but I am skipping them. Sorry Vulcan fans, but I just don't see the attraction to them. To me, it feels like spending my time assembling tank-recovery models. I can't see really getting into using them. Am I missing something? They were added long after I stopped playing OGRE on a daily basis, so maybe I just don't see the awesomeness. To me Ogres are about firepower, not arms.

- It's a nice treat when my students get assigned stuff I like. I'm re-reading Beowulf, the Seamus Heaney bilingual edition, just to make sure I'm up on the canon they're writing about. Good stuff. I remember there was an old Dragon with three takes on Beowulf in AD&D terms . . . but for all I own the Dragon Archive, I can't find the issue number with search or archive. Weird.

- In theory, I have game this Sunday, which might mean another session report. But it's not clear yet who can make it, and December is always tough. If not, I'll provide another Felltower NPC's stats.

That's all for now.

8 comments:

  1. Thanks you so much for linking to the post!

    And for the record, you're the only GURPS blog I read, of course you're the only one I know so there could be something there. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you'd like to read more, I have a whole separate section for primarily-GURPS blogs on my blogroll.

      Delete
  2. Pout. Gaming Ballistic didn't get mentioned. I'm just your poor deformed cousin from West Virginia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry Doug. We don't think you're from West Virginia.

      Delete
    2. Whew. That was my top concern, since living in MN I'm WAY too passive aggressive to live there.

      Delete
  3. "Three Cheers for Beowulf" - Dragon #85.

    The Ongoing Campaign didn't get a mention in Akins's thing, but that isn't surprising considering my current update schedule. Which is to say, I haven't written anything there in far too long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been too long for you to post. Get back to work! You wrote interesting stuff.

      And thanks for finding it - I just couldn't track it down. I knew it was an issue I'd read on paper, but I only have the PDF versions handy these days . . .and I just couldn't lay a hand on it.

      Delete
    2. That's very kind of you to say, thank you. I've been working behind the scenes, actually, putting together an AD&D game for other people centered on Stonehell Dungeon and a GURPS Sixguns & Sorcery thing for myself (with Mythic GME as a solo adventure generator; I actually need to sit down and do some conversions from Deadlands for that soon) in a setting of my own that I have made some allusions to in the past.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...