Friday, May 2, 2014

How I did on the Warehouse23 sale

I filled a few holes in my collection. Basically, I cashed in some gift cards and some extra money I didn't expect to have in my play budget*. With this, I'm tapped for a while, but I have a lot to read:

GURPS Action 1: Heroes (I had the others)
GURPS Gun Fu (I'm playing in a gun-heavy game)
GURPS Monsters Hunters 3: The Enemy (for modified use as DF monsters!)
GURPS Power-Ups 5: Impulse Buys (it sounds like an interesting concept)
GURPS Powers: Divine Favor (so I finally understand Cadmus's powers)
GURPS Thaumatology: Ritual Path Magic (because all the cool kids love it)
GURPS Ultra-Tech (for potential post-apoc play)

and a few issues of Pyramid with items of special interest to me as a DF author and GM.

All of those have to wait as I re-read GURPS Banestorm: Abydos, though, for a review here.

There is still time (sale ends tomorrow) if you want something.

* Which basically consists of what I get as writing royalties and selling stuff on eBay. I like to keep my hobby self-contained.

4 comments:

  1. I like Divine Favor and Ritual Path Magic. I also like the Monster Hunters 3: The Enemy too. It makes the monsters cool like the White Wolf's the World of Darkness. I especially like that faeries are supernatural inbetweeners instead of the way they are in AD&D or DF. I bought Saint George's Cathedral and I really like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny, I'm planning to adapt some DF stuff for MH. Including some of the Henchmen templates. May seem counter-intuitive, but I think with the right add-on for some of the races, such would make good, believable monsters. Some would be mowed down by gunfire, some might have special resistances to gunfire. I'll have to see what I come up with...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Henchmen book was based on the layout and approach of Monster Hunters 4: Sidekicks, they'll have come full circle!

      I haven't played MH but I am curious how the monsters from DF will work there. Some of the ones in MH3 look like they'll be hell on guys with RPM and guns, but a lot less so on people with True Faith (w/Turning), magic monster-slaying swords, and spell-based GURPS Magic. I wonder if the reverse would be true, with some DF monsters that are just fodder to head-to-toe DR 10 knights suddenly turn out to be a lot nastier when you're shooting them with a 9mm and wearing nothing but a ballistic vest (if that.)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...