Thursday, August 17, 2017

GURPS Dungeon Fantasy Role-Playing Game PDFs released to backers

I woke up this morning to find copies of some of the Dungeon Fantasy RPG PDFs in my inbox. They've been pre-released to backers.



I received the boxed set contents and the GM's screen contents. No sign of the add-ons - Magic Items, Traps, and Dungeon 2. I hear that some backers got those, so perhaps mine are a bit late. Either that or I screwed up the pledge process - it's remarkably hard to go back and check what I actually ask for from SJG.

I can't wait to hear what my players think of the rules; they'll recognize some of them as we've be using some of them since I first saw them very early in the review process (slams, some of the spell changes, etc.)

And Iron Llama put up some comments, too.

10 comments:

  1. I await a comprehensive breakdown of the rule differences

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll put Doug and Chris right on that!

      Delete
    2. Well done on Magic Items.

      I also await a comprehensive breakdown on that book and the differences with Felltower

      Delete
    3. Thanks.

      And that'd easy - none. I've been using the material for this in Felltower since I got the gig, and some of it (well, a lot of it) pre-dates that as I was already moving towards some of the changes or made some o them for my own games ($20/point flat rate, limits on purchasing bespoke magic items to the point of "you can't," how layering Lighten works, etc.)

      Unfortunately my players have not been keen to try some of the items I handed out, or you'd have seen bottled windstorms, fountains, and other things "new" to DF in play already.

      Delete
  2. I found my Backerkit receipt and determined that I signed up for the companion in print but not the individual PDF.

    I'm assuming that not getting a comp of Dungeon 2 in PDF is an oversight, which I'll bring up once everybody's back from Gencon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And my copies of all three add-on volumes just showed up. All is groovy.

      Delete
    2. I just woke up and found mine in my inbox as well. I already sent them a message on Kickstarter, though - I wasn't going to wait around. :)

      Delete
  3. I just got a second round of PDFs via Warehouse 23.. They probably are working through a cycle of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am very impressed by the PDFs. So many improvements to little things (templates layouts, advantages/disadvantages culling, etc.) This is really great.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...