Monday, May 29, 2017

Munchkin simplified for kids?

Has anyone taken Munchkin and simplified it down for kids?

I don't mean Munchkin Treasure Hunt. I'm not in the market to buy a new game. I mean, the original Munchkin set, stripped down to very fast, very easy to learn rules for kids. Something explainable in, say, one minute tops, without reference to rules sheets.



I've got most of the early Munchkin sets, all the way up to Half-Horse, but I've split off my base set in the hopes of turning it into yet another ESL game. Something fun, easy to learn, and where part of the challenge is telling me what you've doing and the other part is reading the cards so you know which ones to play.

That's one reason I use the earlier edition of Fluxx with my older ESL students - it's a reading challenge combined with a game-play challenge. Plus I can teach it inside of one minute and one turn of play.

But before I do the work to make a game out of Munchkin that uses what's on the cards for some kind of play, I'd like to see if someone else has.

2 comments:

  1. Munchkin Treasure Hunt? Not exactly the same, but . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not going to buy another game. Besides, MTH is $29.95. This Munchkin set just sits unused on my shelf for $0.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...